Skip to main content

Book Review: The Return (Titan bk1) by Jennifer Armentrout

Goodreads Summary: The Fates are cackling their bony asses off…

It’s been a year since Seth made the deal with the gods that pledged his life to them. And so far, the jobs they’ve given him have been violent and bloody–which is kind of all right with him. But now Apollo has something else in mind for Seth. He’s got to play protector while keeping his hands and fingers off, and for someone who really has a problem with restraint, this new assignment might be the most challenging yet.

Josie has no idea what this crazy hot guy’s deal might be, but it’s a good bet that his arrival means the new life she started after leaving home is about to be thrown into an Olympian-sized blender turned up to puree. Either Josie is going insane or a nightmare straight out of ancient myth is gunning for her.

But it might be the unlikely attraction simmering between her and the golden-eyed, secret-keeping Seth that may prove to be the most dangerous thing of all.

Because history has once again been flipped to repeat.

Book 1 in the new adult paranormal TITAN series, spin-off to the best selling COVENANT series.
 


I think that by know you all know that I love anything written by Jennifer Armentrout. The way she can write the stories are just crazy! That woman has talent. I loved reading The Return. Two days to read it? Yep, I couldn't put it down.  Seth has made a deal with the gods that he has to pledge his life to them. The jobs that he has to do are not so great. They are bloody and very violent.  Seth has a mission that was given to him to Apollo to help the gods stop the titans that escaped from their prison. To help them he has to protect someone and get them to safety before they end up in the wrong hands. 

The story is told in two differnt POV which is really great. I got to be inside Seth and Josie's head. I liked Seth from the beginning. He wants to make up for the damage that he has done which is his focus. He did come off a bit arrogant to me but that quickly faded away.

Josie was a very likable character. Its like you already know her and you can fall for her really quick. She is funny, smart, and strong. What I like about her was that even though she knew that she couldn't do certain things like Seth she didn't give up and quickly got the mindset that she needed to do something instead of sitting down and doing nothing. 

I can't wait for book 2 to  come out which is like a whole friggin year!!!! Someone please end this misery!!!

Rating 5stars
Recommend? Yes. 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Mister Book Review

Goodreads synopsis:  London, 2019. Life has been easy for Maxim Trevelyan. With his good looks, aristocratic connections, and money, he’s never had to work and he’s rarely slept alone. But all that changes when tragedy strikes and Maxim inherits his family’s noble title, wealth, and estates, and all the responsibility that entails. It’s a role he’s not prepared for and one that he struggles to face.   But his biggest challenge is fighting his desire for an unexpected, enigmatic young woman who’s recently arrived in England, possessing little more than a dangerous and troublesome past.  Reticent, beautiful, and musically gifted, she’s an alluring mystery, and Maxim’s longing for her deepens into a passion that he’s never experienced and dares not name. Just who is Alessia Demachi? Can Maxim protect her from the malevolence that threatens her? And what will she do when she learns that he’s been hiding secrets of his own?   I will admit I did have some kind of salty...

Promo Blitz: Catharsis by Michael Tyler!

Fantasy, Adventure Date Published:   December 2016 The Unleashing of the Unconscious Conflicts of Michael Anthony Publisher: Page Publishing, Inc. Catharsis is a story about a young black man trying to escape life in the United States of America and finding himself, love, and purpose in the wonderland of his mind. Michael Anthony, the main character, evolves from a most naive to a man of the world who is lost and alone. Along the way, he journeys to many places of wonder, meeting many people of color and temperament, and learning a lot about himself and life and living and love. About the Author Mr. Michael Tyler was born in Richmond, VA, on the twelfth of March in the 1950 (he was only nine months old). He was reared in an environment full of racial and geop...

June TBR

So I have been in a fantasy mood lately. I think it may have to do with Summer Reading at the library because our theme is dealing with fantasy and science fiction. With that being said, I used my library and gathered a bit much of some fantasy books. I am going into them blind which I prefer because I want the whole concept of the book to (hopefully) blow me away. I have a few romance thrown in as well :) It's my birthday month so hopefully these books treat me well!   The city of Bulikov once wielded the powers of the gods to conquer the world, enslaving and brutalizing millions — until its divine protectors were killed. Now, Bulikov’s history has been censored and erased, its citizens subjugated. But the surreal landscape of the city itself, forever altered by the thousands of miracles its guardians once worked upon it, stands as a haunting reminder of its former supremacy. Into this broken city steps Shara Thivani. Officially, the unassuming young woman is just another...