Skip to main content

Rite of Rejection by Sarah Negovetich

http://www.sarahnegovetich.com/p/author.html
Rite of Rejection by Sarah Negovetich
Releasing December 4th, 2014
Straight-laced, sixteen-year-old
Rebecca can’t wait for her Acceptance.
A fancy ball, eligible bachelors, and her debut as an official member of society.
Instead, the Machine rejects Rebecca. Labeled as a future criminal, she’s
shipped off to a life sentence in a lawless penal colony.
A life behind barbed wire fences with the world’s most dangerous people terrifies Rebecca. She reluctantly joins a band of misfit teens in a risky escape
plan, complete with an accidental fiancé she’s almost certain she can learn to love. But freedom comes with a price. To escape a doomed future and prove her innocence Rebecca must embrace
the criminal within.
Pre-order Available now at Amazon, B&N, Kobo & iTunes

Love the cover? Go on then and read the first chapter...
One

Before
You Stands the Future.
The dark-red banner strung
across the storefront awning matches the dozens of others lining the streets of
the shopping district. Each one with the same clock counting down to Acceptance. Tomorrow morning can’t get here soon enough.
I push the glowing blue button and the door slides open with a staccato puff of air. Overhead, an electric bell dings
as I shuffle into the upscale boutique packed with other Candidates. Cheryl is right behind me, bouncing on her toes with each
step. My mother would die of embarrassment if I showed the same lack of decorum
as my best friend, but I’m bouncing on the inside. Our mothers walk in behind
us and the door slides shut with another whoosh of air.
We visited half the shops in Cardinal City
this morning in our search for the perfect dresses and dyed-to-match shoes. I got a thrill buying my first pair of silk gloves, Cheryl
and I gushing over the tiny pearl buttons, but this is the purchase I’m looking forward to the most. Shelves bursting with dance cards cover every square inch of wall space. Dozens of girls sigh and squeal over the small books we’ll use to record the names of our dance partners for tomorrow’s ball. I wipe damp palms against the cool material of my skirt and force myself to focus on the goal. One of these books is the perfect one for me. Hopefully, by
the end of tomorrow night, it will hold the name of my future husband.


Sarah
Negovetich knows you don't know how to pronounce her name and she's okay with
that. Her first love is Young Adult novels, because at seventeen the world is your oyster. Only oysters are slimy and more than a little salty; it's accurate if not exactly motivational. We should come up with a better cliché.

Sarah divides her time between writing YA books that her husband won’t read and
working with amazing authors as an agent at Corvisiero Literary Agency. Her life’s goal is to be only a mildly embarrassing mom when her kids hit their teens.

You can learn more about Sarah and her books at www.SarahNegovetich.com
or follow her antics on Twitter @SarahNego.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Mister Book Review

Goodreads synopsis:  London, 2019. Life has been easy for Maxim Trevelyan. With his good looks, aristocratic connections, and money, he’s never had to work and he’s rarely slept alone. But all that changes when tragedy strikes and Maxim inherits his family’s noble title, wealth, and estates, and all the responsibility that entails. It’s a role he’s not prepared for and one that he struggles to face.   But his biggest challenge is fighting his desire for an unexpected, enigmatic young woman who’s recently arrived in England, possessing little more than a dangerous and troublesome past.  Reticent, beautiful, and musically gifted, she’s an alluring mystery, and Maxim’s longing for her deepens into a passion that he’s never experienced and dares not name. Just who is Alessia Demachi? Can Maxim protect her from the malevolence that threatens her? And what will she do when she learns that he’s been hiding secrets of his own?   I will admit I did have some kind of salty...

Promo Blitz: Catharsis by Michael Tyler!

Fantasy, Adventure Date Published:   December 2016 The Unleashing of the Unconscious Conflicts of Michael Anthony Publisher: Page Publishing, Inc. Catharsis is a story about a young black man trying to escape life in the United States of America and finding himself, love, and purpose in the wonderland of his mind. Michael Anthony, the main character, evolves from a most naive to a man of the world who is lost and alone. Along the way, he journeys to many places of wonder, meeting many people of color and temperament, and learning a lot about himself and life and living and love. About the Author Mr. Michael Tyler was born in Richmond, VA, on the twelfth of March in the 1950 (he was only nine months old). He was reared in an environment full of racial and geop...

June TBR

So I have been in a fantasy mood lately. I think it may have to do with Summer Reading at the library because our theme is dealing with fantasy and science fiction. With that being said, I used my library and gathered a bit much of some fantasy books. I am going into them blind which I prefer because I want the whole concept of the book to (hopefully) blow me away. I have a few romance thrown in as well :) It's my birthday month so hopefully these books treat me well!   The city of Bulikov once wielded the powers of the gods to conquer the world, enslaving and brutalizing millions — until its divine protectors were killed. Now, Bulikov’s history has been censored and erased, its citizens subjugated. But the surreal landscape of the city itself, forever altered by the thousands of miracles its guardians once worked upon it, stands as a haunting reminder of its former supremacy. Into this broken city steps Shara Thivani. Officially, the unassuming young woman is just another...